We love awesome nails and are always looking for the next new thing in nail designs. Our Vita Perfetta party nails service uses the hottest nail accessories to create customized manicures. To get more information about booking this at your next event, click here.
When we found this cool tutorial for creating your own nail color using only clear polish and eye shadow, we knew it was a must try! It’s very easy and creates an awesome matte color that dries quickly and lasts as long as normal polish.
If you’ve ever had trouble finding the perfect color, this tutorial is for you.
- 1 Bottle of Clear Nail Polish
- 1 4oz Eye Shadow of your choice
- 2 Sheets of Paper
- 1 Small Knife
- 1 Toothpick
- First pour out about ½ tablespoon of the nail polish so you’ll have room to add the eye shadow.
- Use the knife to scrape the eye shadow out onto one of your sheets of paper.
- Chop the eye shadow into a fine powder. Make sure to remove all clumps
- Use the other sheet of paper to create a funnel and insert it into the clear nail polish bottle (make sure to not get the tip wet)
- Pour the crushed eye shadow into the funnel and use the toothpick to make sure it all empties from the funnel into the bottle.
- Now it’s time to shake, shake, shake, until everything is mixed.
- Voila! You have an awesome customized nail color. If the powder settles when not in use, no worries, just shake and it will be ready to go!
- If you add a small ball bearing or bead into the clear nail polish bottle, it will make mixing easier.
- Experiment with glitter for a little flair!