Spring is the time for BBQs and friends enjoying the great outdoors. Try this fun idea at your next outdoor party to really wow your guests. They will love creating their own tie-dye and having a fun souvenir for your event.
Better yet, let Vita Perfetta do all the work. Our Tie-Dye T-shirt service is so much fun. Our friendly artists mix and match colors and designs to create amazing styles for your guests. To book this at your event, click here for more information.
If you’re having a smaller gathering of a few people, this is a fun way to get everyone involved. You can use a variety of clothing types as long as they are white.
- Lots of items to dye like T-Shirts, Tank Tops, Skirts, Bandanas (as long as they are white)
- Rit Liquid Dye in your choice of colors
- Hot Water
- 3 Gallon Container for each dye color
- Large Metal Spoon
- Rubber Gloves
- Pre-tie the tie-dye fabrics with rubber bands. For a basic marble design, just scrunch the fabric into a ball and wrap it in rubber bands in different directions (the tighter the wrap, the more white areas there will be at the end). To make stripes, fold the fabric vertically or diagonally like a fan in 2” wide folds and wrap with rubber bands every 2 inches.
- Prepare your dye buckets by adding ½ cup liquid dye to about 2-3 Gallons of very hot water and stir with the spoon. (shake the bottles before adding the dye).
- Add 1 cup of salt to each dye bucket to intensify the color and stir.
- When the color is mixed your guests are ready to create their own tie-dye. Make sure everyone has gloves.
- Instruct them to start with the lightest colors and progressively move to the darker ones.
- Guests can take their tie-dye home in plastic bags and wash with mild detergent after the fabric is dry.
What’s your favorite tie-dye design?