Question: Do you have any travel tips you’d recommend for making my last trip of the summer go as smoothly as possible?
Isn’t it crazy that summer is already winding down?! Now is certainly the time to get that trip in before summer is over. That being said, here are my top 5 travel tips for making sure you enjoy your trip to the fullest!
1. Hydrate. If you’re going to be flying to another time-zone, it is important to sky hydrated to combat the effects of being on an airplane in general, and to help fight off jet lag. Plus, it’s summer, so it’s probably pretty hot out anyway!
2. Luggage. Try to fit all of your luggage into a carry-on suitcase if possible, so you don’t have to sit around waiting for luggage after you’ve landed. If you do need to check a bag, mark it with something clearly recognizable and unique so that you can easily spot it, and other passengers won’t confuse it for their own. For example, put a neon pink bow on the handle.
3. Expedited Security. Having TSA Precheck, Clear, or Global Entry (if going abroad) can save you a lot of time roundtrip. Plus, who wants to waste time taking their laptop out and shoes off is you don’t have to?
4. Book Ahead of Time. Whether it’s your flight, rental car, hotel, or an activity…book ahead of time. It’s a very busy time in the travel world, so don’t cause yourself a headache by waiting hours in line, or even worse, finding out there is no availability for what you want to do.
5. No-fee international credit card. If you’re traveling abroad, make sure to get a credit card that does NOT charge fees for transactions done abroad. This will save you a lot of money and a potential headache is your card gets locked because you’re out of the country.
Hope that helps! Til next time..